We are excited to be making the final arrangements for the Regional TVET OER workshop to be help in Suva, Fiji during the last week of June. 24 participants from 9 Pacific countries will learn new tools and techniques for developing OER course materials in different formats.
Planned learning outcomes are:
• develop hands-on skills in searching and location of OER for teaching and learning;
• develop a deeper understanding of licensing mechanisms of OER with a special emphasis on Creative Commons;
• develop capacities in ODL course design which incorporate the philosophies of OER;
• use Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) tools to create and repurpose OER for courses;
• use mobile phones to create quality learning videos for courses;
• create interactive animations for courses; and
• sensitise academic staff on the institutional policy frameworks on the use/reuse and distribution of OER.
We will ask participants to share their experience here.
Thanks to our great partners at Pacific TAFE for hosting the workshop.