PACFOLD is happy to announce the offering of LS4ODFL. It will be facilitated by the Centre for Flexible Learning at the University of the South Pacific. This course was developed as part of the Pacific Partnership for ODFL in the Pacific.
- Prerequisite: Basic computer skills
- Level: Introductory
- Requirements: Access to a computer and internet.
- Start Date: May 29th, 2023
- Duration: 4 weeks (course will remain open after end date)
- Certification: Certificate of Completion (PDF)
- Digital Badges: 6 badges
- Platform: Moodle (Open Pasifika)
Helping students flourish and succeed is the goal of every teacher. This course is designed to help teachers develop and implement effective learner support practices in Open, Distance and Flexible Learning (ODFL) contexts. The course is particularly suited for teachers in the Pacific Region but will be of benefit to any developing country context. It will run over 4 weeks and will require 3-5 hours of time each week. Participants will learn from readings, videos as well as discussions with fellow teachers and mentors. A Certificate of Completion will be given to those who complete all the tasks in the course.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Reflect on the current learning and teaching practices and design principles that lead to optimised learner experiences.
- Review and discuss the different types of learner support strategies that should be provided in an ODFL environment.
- Explore the practicalities of integrating educational technologies to support ODFL learners.
- Gain hands-on experience in implementing quality assurance standards and procedures when designing learner support mechanisms for an ODFL environment.