PACFOLD is happy to announce the re-offering of Communication Skills for Open, Distance and Flexible Learning (CS4ODFL). This course is part of the Pacific Partnership for ODFL in the Pacific.
This offer will be facilitated by the Centre for Flexible Learning of the University of the South Pacific.
- Prerequisite: Basic computer skills
- Level: Introductory
- Requirements: Access to a computer and internet.
- Start Date: June 27th, 2022
- Duration: 4 weeks (course will remain open after end date)
- Certification: Certificate of Completion (PDF)
- Digital Badges: 6 badges
- Platform: Moodle (Preview course here)
This course helps teachers improve their communication skills in Open, Distance and Flexible Learning. It is particularly suited for teachers in the Pacific Region but will be of benefit to any developing country context. It will run over four weeks* and will require 3 – 5 hours of time each week. Participants will learn from readings, videos as well as discussions with fellow teachers and mentors. A certificate of completion will be issued to those who complete all the relevant tasks in the course.
On successful completion of this micro-course, learners will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the role of inclusive and equitable communication practices, teaching presence, and course netiquette for successful ODFL delivery.
- Learn about the uses of technology and media for efficient and accessible communication in an ODFL environment.
- Review and discuss key pedagogical considerations when designing course structure, learning activities, feedback and communication strategies.
- Recognise the attributes of an effective online facilitator.
- Gain hands-on experience in weaving online discussions and interactions including strategies for conflict-management in the ODFL space.
This is a hands-on, activity-based course in which teachers will complete four learning challenges:
- Course Netiquette challenge
- ODFL communication tools mind mapping challenge
- Course communication plan challenge
- Weaving discussion forum challenge
For every challenge completed participants will receive a digital badge. In addition, a participant badge is issued if you pass the knowledge test.
By completing all the learning challenges and the knowledge test you will receive a completion badge and a PDF Certificate of Completion.
For more information
Contact @openedu via email@example.com