We are pleased to inform you that registration is now open for a third offering of the Advanced Cybersecurity Training for Teachers course beginning January 23, 2023.
Participants need to have completed the introductory Cybersecurity Training for Teachers (CTT) course. Alternatively, they should have completed a similar course or have a relevant background.
Over four weeks, participants will learn about various attack vectors that cybercriminals can exploit in websites, mobile devices, and other platforms commonly used for digital learning. They will also explore how to secure communication channels in online learning.
Each week, a one-hour webinar will be held, where participants will interact with experienced practitioners in cybersecurity and digital learning.
- Prerequisite: Successful completion of Cybersecurity Training for Teachers (CTT) course or possession of basic cybersecurity skills
- Level: Introductory
- Requirements: Access to a computer and internet.
- Start Date: 23 January 2023
- Duration: 4 weeks (course will remain open after end date)
- Workload: 4 – 6 hours per week.
- Certificates: Certificate of Completion (PDF)
- Target audience: Teachers in primary and secondary schools, teacher educators and other education practitioners.
After completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Outline the advanced cyber-attacks that may be encountered while teaching online and apply the appropriate mitigations.
- Employ various techniques to protect data created and processed by learning institutions from alteration, loss, and unauthorised access.
- Apply advanced techniques in online communication, personal security, and device security.
- Appraise the benefits of emerging technologies in digital learning and how to use them securely.
The shift to online learning and teaching has drawn increasing attention to the cyber risks likely to be faced in a learning institution. In recent times, cybercriminals have disrupted learning using various attacks, including ransomware, Zoombombing, denial of service, and data theft. It is, therefore, crucial for educators to be cognisant of these threats and be equipped to defend against them. The Advanced Cybersecurity Training for Teachers (ACTT) course is designed to provide teachers, teacher educators and education practitioners with superior knowledge necessary to protect themselves and their students online, as well as create awareness for parents and other stakeholders in digital learning. The course enables participants to proactively protect the digital spaces they use to engage with learners and also adopt good practice for a safe and effective online learning experience.